Super Safe Green Laser Pointer
$35.00 – $35.00
Safe Green Laser pointer
While all of LASER Classroom’s™ Laser Pointers are guaranteed to be compliant with FDA regulations CFR 21 1040.10 and 1040.11, at just 1mW of output, our Super Safe Green Laser Pointer is the ultimate in laser safety. At the same time, a super safe green laser pointer remains more visible than a red laser pointer of “regular” power output.
Are green laser pointers more dangerous?
Even at very low power, safe green laser pointers and green LASER Blox™ are significantly more visible than red laser pointers. That’s because a common green laser pointer emits a monochromatic beam at 532nm, a wavelength that is very close to 550nm—the wavelength to which the human eye is most sensitive. Put simply, it’s easier to see green light than red.
But are green laser pointers dangerous? Are they more dangerous than red laser pointers? These are great questions to ask in terms of both keeping your students safe, and understanding some of the science behind laser pointer safety.
Experiments and Lessons with your safe green laser pointer
Use your super safe green laser pointer (1mW power output) in the classroom for experiments, labs and activities around light, lasers and optics including reflection, refraction and diffraction. Download your FREE Lessons HERE
Safe Green Laser Pointer Specifications
- Safe Green Laser Pointer Power output <1mW
- Safe Green Laser Pointer Safety Class: II
- Output Mode – Constant wave
- Wavelength – 532 nm
- Range: 5,000 ft in darkness
- Batteries: 2 x AAA (included)
- Beam Dia. at Source – 1.1 mm
- Output Variance – 10% after 20 min.
- Body Color – Silver or Black
- Beam Divergence – 1.2 mRad
- Switch – Push Button
- Operating Lifetime – 2000 hours
- Can be used for skypointing, projection on low clouds, signaling, highlighting potential explosives
- Available in either black or silver barrel color
- Comes with a durable snap foam case
- 90-day warranty