Tech Light Lab – Light and Optics Kit
The Tech Light Lab – Light and Optics Kit is a hand-on science kit for teaching and learning about light, optics and color at the elementary level. This kit was selected by UNESCO as the official International Year of Light Kit in 2015.
Light and optics is a fun and fascinating topic – but it can be hard to teach. The durable lights and lenses in this kit make teaching and learning the science of reflection, refraction and color concrete, hands-on and easy to teach and learn!
Light experiment Optics Kit Contains:
- A set of 3 high tech LED light sources (AA Batteries included) – Red, Green and Blue
- A set of 3 frosted lenses – concave, convex and trapezoid
- A diffraction grating – 500 lines/mm
- 2 acrylic “unbreakable” mirrors with stands
- A protractor
- Download the Curriculum Guide with 10 hands on activities and lessons about light and optics!
NGSS Connections: PS4.B Electromagnetic Radiation
- Make observations to construct an evidence-based account that objects in darkness can be seen only when illuminated (1-PS4-2)
- Plan and conduct investigations to determine the effect of placing objects made with different materials in the path of a beam of light. (1-PS4-3)
- Some materials allow light to pass through them, others allow only some light through and other block all the light and create a dark shadow on any surface beyond them, where the light cannot reach. Mirrors can be used to redirect a light beam. (1-PS4-3)
- Develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
- The path that light travels can be traced as straight lines, except at surfaces between different transparent materials (e.g., air and water, air and glass) where the light path bends (MS-PS4-2)